Monday, January 23, 2006

Good News India - Work creeps into life...

Mr. D V Sridharan of Good News India writes about a story of personal courage. Amazing read. Though the narration is a bit long but it’s difficult not to read it till the end. Below is an excerpt from the story…

Work creeps into life:

In the five and a half years of publishing GoodNewsIndia, I , D V Sridharan have kept a low profile. Finally, having written about many people who stood up against odds, I could not escape my turn when an issue popped up in my own backyard. This is then my own story and I believe it belongs in this site.

My strife also cost me much time during which GoodNewsIndia, a one man operation that it is, has suffered neglect. Reading the story -which includes my brief arrest by the police- I hope you will forgive me this spell. At 64, my passion for seeking out the good work in India, has only increased. This episode and your support will sustain it. I promise to make amends in the coming months.

By a strange coincidence this is also the 100th story in the Magazine section: an occasion when writing in the first person, seems somehow appropriate.

Many of you may not have visited the site recently and therefore, the redesign will be new to you. I hope you find it pleasing.

Now without further ado to a story of vandalism, substantially resisted:

http://www.goodnewsindia.com/index.php/Magazine/story/mgm/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...